Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sometimes

I don't like to think I'm pretending, but
I guess that's what
It Is.

I don't like to think I'm writing this for anyone, but
I guess
I am.

I don't like to admit I'm scared, but
I know
I am.

I don't want to live in the future, but
I'm not always in
the present.

I know this earth is beautiful, but sometimes I wish I could just be
in heaven.

Will I become everything I know I can be?
Will I fulfill the dreams that I always see?

Somewhere in my heart space, will I tap into the essence of me?
I don't like to think of what couldn't be,
but how could I not?

I love remembering, but sometimes I wish I never forgot.

Writing is my life, but I usually dread the next line.
Words are everything to me,
but sometimes I wishh I didn't rhyme.

When I think about the Universe and where it is that I fit in,
I feel my heart explode with bliss,
I feel everything I have to give.

There's a difference between existing and living in your truth,
So close your eyes and take a step into your joyful youth.

Remember how it felt to run through the grass with your arms open wide?
Remember what it felt like to know the limit was the sky?
If we can find a way to take this state of mind,
then maybe we can unite ourselves and let our minds
unwind.

We all have a flame inside, a soul that's meant to fly free,
So listen to your heart when it tells you to just
BE.

Be who you are,
with no restraints,
questions
or
concerns.
Look right into your self.
It is there you will learn.
Anything and everything you've ever wanted to know.
Plant your love into others hearts and watch as their flowers, grow,
light your candle, then start a spark,
Watch how the world will glow.





1 comment:

  1. I've been reading through your blog and i can't believe how much of myself, 8 or 10 years ago, i see in your writing. It's like looking in a mirror that lets me see myself in the past. Interesting...i think I'll read some more.

    ReplyDelete